Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fantomat workshop


Information about the workshop

application form

12 - 15 November 2007
University of Plymouth - The Faculty of Arts, UK



PARTICIPANTS


Adam Garratt



I have recently started using video in my work & when i attended a lecture by Venelin where he asked for students to take part in a week long workshop using video, i jumped at the chance. Working with other students during the week, coming up with ideas & filming them was a way of working that i really enjoyed & responded to well. For my video i decided to film aspects of a road crossing, finally coming up with the 'green' & 'red' man shots. Then in the opposite eye words that are either, static or movement words. With this the beeping of the crossing is the only audio in the video which can be hear when the green man is shown. The images were captured using a digital camera so the quality of the image is low & pixelated which is something else that i am looking at at the moment. Overall it was a really fun week that helped me to develop my ideas in other aspects of my art work.



Siobhan Mckeown







Jamie Dodds






Darren Hull









Carmen Tse






Susannah Williams



I am a fine artist who works predominantly with photography. I am interested in semiotics and anthropology, in the main my work is issue lead as in looking at how technology changes the way we live, and concept based in that I produce a series of images that establish a narrative. My biggest driving force is creating images which make the viewer think about what they are looking at. My current work revolves around memory and family secrets and I am very interested in text at the moment.
http://www.myspace.com/purple_squirrels
Susie101@hotmail.co.uk






EVERYBODY





2 comments:

Веселина Скумова said...

"Fantomat workshop" ми се стори най-интересната акция с този "обект",но все пак черпя инфо само от нещата ти в блога...вероятно и другите са били интригуващи... Надявам се да се засечем някъде с него...виждам че дори се е мултиплицирал :)
p.s.поздрави за рожденния ти ден!!!
Вес

Selma Karaduman said...

Dear Fantomat,

Sometimes, you need your native language for telling some deep and hard subjects...But I think, eyes can create a common way to understand each other if we can look at with clean eyes...I think, yesterday, we did:)

When I was looking your eyes and start to speak with you, suddenly,I forgot it was just only a game...İt is so impressive for me...

Also when I touch your skin, I remembered the Kavak Tree (we called it "Kavak" in my country) that is a kind of tree which grows up near the river...In my country, maybe the other place in all over the world, when someone is fall in love and miss the lover who is far away; he/she listens the voice of Kavak Tree's whispers in windly nights...You remind me this good detail with your skin and maybe I heard the same voice again with your breath for all the lovers...

I have to confess that your questions which you asked me that are the meaning of life...KEY QUESTİONS...Sometimes, we are afraid to find the real answer maybe...They are both easy and hard questions..Like peace,like love, like the life...

If we'll find the real answers clearly, maybe we will solve the secret of life also..

Dear Fantomat,

Yesterday,you helped me to remember that:

...Everybody keep the same heart under their skin and keep the same clean tear under their eyes...They are all in there, if we can see.

Yesterday, while the weather was raining outside the Tütün Deposu, in that Dark Room,I didn't need to hide my tears because of your İNTİMACY...your humanity...

Thanks with all my heart...

Selma Karaduman